Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Landlord = Kinda of a witch

So, as I mentioned earlier, I am trying to move out of my house. A couple of friends and I found this perfect little house in the middle of a pretty big city. I didn't see anything wrong with it, neither did my other future female room mate (the other two are guys).
So we asked for the lease, and we asked for the price, and we made very clear we wanted it in general. When I made my parents look at the house, the landlord dropped the bomb that she would add a cleaning crew fee of $25 each tenant. Now, $25 isn't much right? It is five pair of underwear at Victoria Secret.
Well, I make $7 (counting taxes) an hour. So, I need to work a little more than 3 hours to make that $25. Yes, I have to add 3 hours to my already-over-schedule-day.
I accepted that, because the house is really perfect.
Now, I have to sign the lease by Thursday in order to get the house. This was communicated to me today. Not *I* have to sign it, but so do my parents. Thursday, at 1:15 pm.
Does my landlord think that my family and I have nothing else better to do than sit around and wait for her commands?
Then, I am told I would have to pay last month's rent on April 9th. We aren't moving until June. End of June. That's more than three months away.

Mind you, I also have to pay for my airplane ticket to China. What have I gotten myself into?

1 comment: